Monday 28 January 2013

Sugar and Creme Anglais

I'm trying to give up sugar in my tea.  Well actually I can't drink tea without sugar so I'm trying to give up tea!  For some people that may not seem like such a big deal but for a lady who takes three sugars in her tea first thing in the morning this is a major break through.  Like most things in my life it may not last but I'm actually getting rather a taste for herbal tea, which I never dreamt possible.  Actually it's quite interesting to note that if I don't start the day with a huge dose of sugar I seem able to avoid sugary products much more effectively during the day. 
Anyway in honour of my possibly short lived abstinence I thought I would do a post to test my resolve.  I took some images at Christmas of making Creme Anglais.  I have never made it before as I always thought it would be super complicated but actually it was a breeze.  It's also tastes like the nectar of the gods and coupled with warm homemade Madeleines from the oven tis a match made in heaven.   See what I mean....sugar and I are great friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment